Friday, October 30, 2009

COACH KNIGHT DECLINES HALL OF FAME INVITE, OVERESTIMATES IMPACT OF DOUCHEBAGS

"I cleaned my room without being asked. Did my parents...umm...mention anything...errr not?"

"The General" Bob Knight seems to have it all wrong. After decades of winning Hoosier basketball games a la Christopher Walken in Biloxi Blues, the University of Indiana invited Coach Knight to attend the ceremony for his Hall of Fame induction and he, like a true ambassador, disrespectfully, declined.

Psychologically, the kind of relationship Knight has with power is often, to varying degrees, part of the forensic make-up of a violent criminal. Am I wrong to say that he is lucky the University of Indiana is not sanctioning his legacy with asterisks for issuing beat downs to young athletes, half his age, for most of his career and posing a serious threat on the campus if left unsupervised? I guess, who am I to judge.



No comments:

Post a Comment