Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bartender, I'll Have a Morneau with a Splash of Mauer

It has been well documented here at The Pierre Page that Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer are great baseball players, hit consecutively in the batting order, and are total bff.  As such, they deserve a nickname befitting a dynamic duo like them, no?  


Looking back at some of the great teammate nicknames of past, we’ve had the “Bash Brothers” of McGwire and Canseco; “Run TMC”, the run-and-gun trio of Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin; and the iconic “M and M Boys” of Maris and Mantle.  The Mauer/Morneau duo have often been compared to the original M and M Boys, and some in the local media market like to bestow the nickname on this generation’s version (A bit presumptuous?  Perhaps).  However, The Pierre Page frowns mightily at the media's lack of creativity, and would like to propose a nickname for our favorite Twins (recently) slugging duo:

 

    “Canadian Club and 7”, or the shortened variety, “CC and 7”

 

Morneau is Canadian and carries a big club.  Mauer wears number 7.  Together, they make a dry, yet surprisingly pleasant cocktail that packs a punch.  

 

What say you, loyal readers?  Yay or Nay to “CC and 7”?

6 comments:

  1. I like the nickname but can we start talking about something other than the Twins? Lieutenant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. CC happens to be my favorite whiskey as well. Nice job PP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pierres - long time reader, first time poster here. How about a posting on what each of your batting songs would be and/or what your ideal batting songs would be for certain players. To get you started, Lt. Dangle's song would have to be "I'm a Little Teapot." You can take it from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally have my batting song be the Ultimate Warrior's theme song. I would take my warm-up swings, then when the batter in front of me put the ball in play, I would run back up the tunnel in the dugout. When the music started, I would sprint out of the dugout, run around homeplate, come back and high-five the bat boy, then sprint back to the batters box. I think that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete