Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vikings Sign New QB

A little birdie has just landed on my windowsill and told me that the Minnesota Vikings, still reeling from their failed attempt to woo Brett Favre out of re-re-retirement, have checked down to their next option, signing Favre's backup at Oak Grove (Hattiesburg), Mississippi High School's quarterback, John Mark Weldy.

From Vikings head coach Brad Childress: "After assessing our team's needs, and failing to get a future Hall-of-Famer, I looked at our quarterback situation, realized I was fucked if I stayed with these two slappies, and went with the next best thing: that future Hall-of-Famer's backup."

The team had no comment on whether it was still content that it didn't more ardently pursue Jay Cutler, now the division rival Chicago Bears' starting signal-caller.

No comments:

Post a Comment